You will need:
- 2 T. cooking oil
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 6 oz. thinly sliced Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- Soy sauce
- Soft baguettes or rolls (to make four 6″-8″ inch sandwiches)
Makes 4 sandwiches.
1. Slice onion and peppers into thin strips. Heat cooking oil in a large skillet or wok and stir fry onions and peppers until onions start to turn translucent.
2. Add mushrooms and a bit of soy sauce (to taste) and continue to stir fry over high heat until mushrooms are soft (if mushrooms start to dry up and brown before they are cooked, add more soy sauce).
3. Turn off the heat and top the onions, peppers, and mushrooms with cheese slices. Cover to allow cheese to melt.
4. Slice baguette(s) into four 6″-8″ sandwich rolls.
5. Slice rolls open and spread with mayonnaise. Toast or broil, if desired.
6. Remove cover from skillet and place one-quarter of the mixture into each sandwich.
Serve hot and enjoy!